Desire to live a vegan lifestyleThe actress felt from an early age, because the taste of meat was disgusting to her. She made the transition from animals to vegan products not immediately, but in stages. She continued to eat dairy products when she gave birth to her first son, and then learned about her allergy to all dairy products, which became the end point of her transition to vegan food.
Mayim about indispensable vegan dishes for a growing bodyWithout unsaturated fat anywhere! A large amount of unsaturated fats contain nuts, of which a vegan mother makes cheeses, for example, cashew or macadamia cheese. Such cheeses are good to eat with crackers or vegetables, and they can also substitute ricotta in various vegan recipes. It is worth turning your eyes to avocados, which is one of the most nutritious foods for children.
What to form a diet?
- Starting from the 6th month, introduce the baby with vegetables and some fruits, make them puree. The following vegan products are well suited for this age: potatoes, green beans, peas, carrots, bananas, apples, avocados.
- At eight months of age, the vegan diet of babies can be diluted with bread, cereal, and crackers. The introduction of protein products will also be favorable for kids, for example, tofu or mashed boiled beans.
- Breast feeding is the best vegan dish for babies, so it needs to be continued as long as the baby has a need. If the mother has difficulties with breast milk, soy milk formula will be an acceptable substitute.
- Older children need more energy, so they need to be fed many times and a little bit. However, the needs of each child are strictly individual, so you should not force him.
- For the sake of getting more calories, resort to using dried fruit, nut-based oil, and soybean in cooking.
Important to know beginner vegan momsEvery woman sticking to vegan food should be sure that enough vitamin B12 is supplied to her body, which is elevated in animal products. If the vitamin comes from plant foods in insufficient doses, sunbathing and multivitamin complexes will help you.
Despite the fact that Mayim is Jewish and on Jewish Pascha her family does not consume most of the legumes and grains, she manages to make her kids ’diet healthy and interesting!