Tell me, can you tell us about the novel that you read six months ago? And what about the article viewed 2 minutes ago? How many works are forgotten, when we put the coveted volume aside! Urgently we train memory.
Here are 7 simple rules that will help you better understand the statements of wise people, analyze the material read and apply it in practice.
1. Without a goal, go nowhereBefore you start to gnaw granite science, you understand why you are doing this. So it's easier to make a plan for the work ahead. The goal as a guide will guide you to the necessary book editions, protect you from trivial literature and develop reader preferences.
For learning, choose those books that fit your life's needs and tasks.
For example, you are an ordinary economist, but you dream of becoming a chief accountant. Stock up with benefits to improve economic accounting, tax optimization and enterprise management. Of course, you can not do without a profile education. To complete the image of a serious person - study manuals on personal growth and psychology.
2. Be passionate about the processDid you know that reading is a conversation, not a lecture? Studying other people's phrases, we in the depths of the soul talk with the author. The best way to understand the meaning of the book is to maintain a dialogue with the writer. When you allow the author to "finish" to the end, without asking a single question, you make a mistake.
Read with interest. Reflect on important points and highlight the paragraphs you like on the pages. Look for other sources of knowledge on similar topics, compare the results obtained. Write down your thoughts, thoughts and impressions in a notebook. Be active.
3. Fast - does not mean effectiveLife is an eternal haste. To quickly learn new craft, we with unrestrained zeal absorb page by page. But reading takes time. You will feel the benefit of the process only when you add up the big picture in your head. And for this it is required to master a substantial part of the book.
However, the speed of reading is a useful and necessary skill, it comes with experience. Over time, your brain can quickly absorb words, process thoughts and give birth to ideas.
Slow and legible reading is still wonderful because you are enjoying the process itself.
4. Printed book, electronic version or audiobook?For people who perceive information by ear, the audio format will suit. While some passengers sleep in transport, and students - at the lecture, the audials are enlightened. And when a person is mobile and can not sit for a long time with a novel in his hands or is engaged in fitness, then an audiobook is a salvation. Electronic books are cheaper and more compact than paper copies. They are also easier to get. After all, it's easier to open the LetterRes in a smartphone than to look in the city or on the Internet like a volume.
But often the luminous displays get tired eyes. We also skim through the paragraphs on the screen without focusing on the main points. But we read the traditional book in a thoughtful and measured manner.
The choice is yours!
5. Repetition - the mother of learningHave you mastered another scientific treatise? Do not put the book back on the shelf. Review the notes that you liked. When a suitable situation arises, you easily apply knowledge in life.
That's what the American coach Ramit Singh Seth advises. Every 5 weeks, review your own records. Spend it for 30 minutes. It does not matter, today the chapter was marked or 5 months ago. The main thing is that they correspond to current activities.
6. How to use knowledge?Do not know what to do with the accumulated knowledge? Of course, translate into action.
Ask yourself the following questions: "Do you accept the proposed advice? "," Why is this topic affected? "," Do your opinions differ from the author's opinion? ". In the process, you will understand how to use the new information.
Perhaps you work in the sales department and studied materials on sales techniques. Then discuss the results of personal research at work or suggest a new solution. This will make the meeting productive, and the leader will appreciate your professionalism.
7. Share your impressionsReading changes our own lives and the world around us.
Publish in social networks articles, posts, curious notes on books. Join the reading communities, discuss novelties and old publications. Support beginning bloggers. Who knows, maybe their valuable advice, will help you sometime.
Talk about the lessons learned to close friends, relatives and colleagues. And then useful finds from each book will remain forever in your memory and change your life in a positive way.
Read with pleasure!