This is especially true with regard to spices. Cinnamon makes everything tastier. It helps to stabilize the blood sugar level. Oregagno makes the dish more flavorful and mouth-watering and good news - it also has antibacterial properties.
But in the world of spices that promote health, one plant is king - it's turmeric. Everywhere it is used in Indian and Asian cuisine.
Turmeric contains curcumin, which is a strong antioxidant and is proven to be effective in reducing inflammation and preventing diseases.
5 reasons to add turmeric to your diet
- Turmeric prevents the platelets from clumping together, so this can help prevent the formation of clots on the walls of the arteries. In general, this is a victory for the health of the cardiovascular system.
- Preventing Cancer: A preliminary study shows that it is possible to prevent or even treat prostate cancer, breast cancer, skin cancer, and colon cancer. This is probably due to the strong antioxidant properties of turmeric, which protects cells from damage and dysfunctions.
- Indigestion: Turmeric can reduce the symptoms of bloating and gas. This is probably due to the fact that curcumin stimulates the production of bile in the gallbladder, which improves digestion.
- Even more significantly, another study showed that people with ulcerative colitis who eat turmeric remain in remission for longer than those who did not take.
- Reducing pain in osteoarthritis: the study showed that people taking ayurvedic drugs containing turmeric were less likely to experience pain. This is probably due to the powerful anti-inflammatory effects.
How to use turmeric?With the help of spices, an incredible space opens up for delicious and useful experiments in the kitchen. To begin with, try a simple and delicious drink from turmeric:
- 1 liter of hot boiled water
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 lemon
Do you use turmeric? Divide the comments in your own recipes.