The main meal in the summer is salads with different greens. Light, healthy food, a source of vitamins, micronutrients and macronutrients we need. Let's figure out how useful vegetables and greens are, from which we usually prepare salads.
GreeneryIn the greenery a lot of different acids, so it should not be used for people with exacerbations of gastrointestinal diseases.
- Onion is the best antimicrobial agent, and there is more vitamin C in it than in oranges. There is a lot of zinc in it, because of what the hair and nails become more beautiful, with weight loss does not sagging skin. Also, onions are useful for the reproductive system. But do not eat a lot of onions for patients with gastritis or stomach ulcers.
- Rhubarb. It is better to add it to heavy food. It improves digestion, so meat dishes will be better absorbed. He also helps to fight with constipation. In the rhubarb a lot of oxalic acid (the older the rhubarb becomes, the more acid it collects in it). It is not recommended for people who have kidney stones.
- Sorrel. There are a lot of vitamins, belonging to group B and calcium. It helps to cope with pain and inflammation, it can heal wounds. You can apply grated sorrel to wounds or scratches. Those who suffer from gout and with stones in the kidneys, it is better not to get carried away by sorrel. But if you like salads with this herb, then you can reduce the negative effect of oxalic acid by adding lemon juice and apple cider vinegar to the salad.
- Leaf salad. It is the source of folic acid (which is especially important for pregnant women), magnesium, and also iron and calcium. Salad promotes rapid weight loss. But it is necessary to use it with caution to those who suffer from urolithiasis or gout. It is not necessary to cook meals from them when there is an exacerbation of stomach diseases.
VegetablesThe set of vegetables that we add to salads is also standard:
- Cucumbers. Cucumbers contain vitamins C, A, E, K, minerals. Regular consumption of cucumbers is an excellent cancer prevention, since lignans and cukurbitacins prevent the appearance of oncology. Thanks to vitamin K, the risk of fractures decreases, bone tissue becomes denser. Potassium protects from heart disease. In cucumbers, there is also a physiognomy necessary for the work of the brain. It is not necessary to eat cucumbers to those who have kidney and gastrointestinal diseases.
- Tomatoes. They contain lycoptin. It is a known antioxidant helping to prevent cancer. It is better absorbed if the tomatoes are cooked a little or extinguished. Fiber from these vegetables improves digestion. Vitamins C, PP and lycoptin are useful for the heart and blood vessels. Do not give up tomatoes to smokers, because the coffee and linoleic acids contained in them, cope with nicotine resins and remove it from the lungs. In ripe fruits a lot of iron, i.e., recommended by patients with anemia and pregnant women. In tomatoes quite a lot of B vitamins, they help to cope with irritability, do not let fall into depression. Tomatoes contain a "hormone of joy" serotonin, which improves mood and helps to cope with psychological stress.
- Radish. It is very useful for people with cardiovascular diseases, because it has a vitamin PP that improves normal blood circulation. It contains mustard oil, from where we get Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 protects our vessels and does not give rise to cholesterol plaques. It has a lot of potassium, so it removes swelling, especially if there is it with cucumbers. Radish is contraindicated in people with liver and stomach diseases in acute form. And healthy people should not eat a large amount of radishes, the optimal rate is 6 per day.
- Bell pepper. In this vegetable of red color, a high concentration of vitamin C (120 mg per 100 g of product). It also has a lot of provitamin A, vitamin P, group B. It also contains a lipokine, which prevents the appearance of neoplasms and capsaicin, which is a natural fat burner. Therefore, red pepper is useful for those who want to lose weight. It contains a lot of potassium, calcium, phosphorus, sodium and other useful elements. Bulgarian pepper promotes normal functioning of the nervous system. Do not use it for problems with the gastrointestinal tract.