Pancake week is one of the favorite home holidays in Russia, especially since it lasts a whole week. In 2018, we will enjoy pancake feasts from 12 to 18 February. For the Shrovetide week, you can have time to cook and taste: yeast and simple pancakes, with a bake or with a filling. From thin, lacy pancakes you can collect and snack bars, and sweet cakes.
Yeast pancakesPancakes on yeast - rather a festive variation of Russian delicacies, because the time for their preparation takes much more. But the long process of waiting more than compensates for the magnificent taste and divine flavor of the traditional national delicacy. Yeast pancakes are always hearty, pretty-patterned, fuzzy.
Russian pancakes from time immemorial baked from buckwheat flour and fresh yeast - they turned out magnificent and friable. To enjoy the unique taste of traditional pancakes, you need to combine wheat flour with buckwheat in a 1: 1 ratio.Ingredients for yeast pancakes
- 2 glasses of flour in two meals
- 2 glasses of milk in 2 divided doses
- 3 eggs
- 100 ml. cream 20%
- 1-2 tablespoons of sugar
- 50 gr. butter
- 25 gr. fresh yeast (or 6-7 grams of dry)
- salt to taste
- vegetable oil for lubricating the frying pan
- For the yeast, leave the yeast with sugar in a bowl and a half of warm milk. Gradually, fill half the required sifted flour, thoroughly mixing. Opara comes in a warm place for about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove the remaining warm milk and cook the dough. Mix the dough well, cover the rest of the sifted flour and let it go again.
- Gently break the eggs of eggs, the yolks of which will be mixed with melted butter and sugar. Beat into cold whites.
- In the secondly risen dough, carefully mix the oil-sugar yolks, then lush proteins and cream. It is necessary to stir from the bottom upwards and accurately. Place the dough in a warm place for 20 minutes for a third time.
- Spread the frying pan over medium heat, greasing with vegetable oil, then reduce the heat and bake pancakes in the usual way.
Advice: oven pancakes are always better on low heat - they will be baked evenly. Baked pancakes stacked on top of each other, lubricating each with butter. To pancakes have not cooled down before the feast, they need to cover with a sheet of food foil and put in a warm oven.
Crepes with fillingUnder the filling are baked thin blintzes without yeast from the dough consistency of liquid sour cream and a diameter with a small plate. Add 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to the dough.
Bezdorozhevoe doughIdeal for thin elastic pancakes.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup warm milk
- 2 tbsp. l. refined vegetable oil
- 1, 5 cups of flour
- 1 tbsp. l. Sahara
- a pinch of salt
Variety of fillings
- Pate from chicken liver. Passerovat on vegetable oil chopped onions and carrots, add to them the liver (ratio of vegetables and liver 1: 1), bring the liver to readiness. Render to the state of the pate, add a couple of tablespoons of sour cream, sprinkle with a pinch of nutmeg and green parsley.
- Mushroom. Fry until cooked mushrooms with onions in vegetable oil and put out with a small amount of cream, 1 tbsp. l. flour and spices.
- Egg with green onions. Boiled eggs and green onions finely chopped, add 1-2 tablespoons melted butter, salt, pepper and mix to taste. A good addition to such a filling can serve as a chopped salted salmon, or traditionally salted herring.
- With seafood. Boil 3 minutes of shrimp and scallops, pour in the béchamel sauce: 3 tablespoons of flour, 4 tablespoons of butter, 1 glass of milk, salt, pepper.
- With the guts. Chicken stomach boil, chop the liver finely. Fry them with onions in butter, salt, pour 1 tbsp. l. brandy.
- With vegetables. Mash forked steamed vegetables: asparagus, broccoli or cauliflower. Pour the Dutch sauce: in a water bath, melt 3 tablespoons of butter, mix in it 1 yolk, 0, 5 tsp. lemon juice and a little water, salt.