- Slobberly drool. Abundant salivation - the main sign that says that the teeth are chopped. On the chin and around the mouth, constantly wet from the saliva patches, irritation may appear in the form of a red rash.
- Coryza and cough. From an overabundance of saliva and swelling of the gums, the child may have a runny nose and a slight cough. In this case, too much to worry about, all the symptoms will pass as soon as the tooth appears.
- Increased body temperature. The temperature rises due to inflamed gums. When it rises above 38С it is necessary to give the child an antipyretic. But in any case it is necessary to visit the district pediatrician to exclude such diseases as cold and flu.
- Swelling and redness of the gums. On the gums of the child may appear pale blue tubercles, as a rule, this symptom occurs 5-7 days before the appearance of the tooth. The bumps will dissolve independently and do not require medical supervision.
- The desire to chew something. In the process of teething, the baby "itches" the gum, and therefore he pulls everything in his mouth. To ease this symptom, the baby can be given a slightly chilled carrot or a teetotal.
- Restless sleep and irritability. Because of chronic pain, the child becomes irritable, the troubles are troubled around the clock, including at night, which disrupts the baby's healthy sleep. If a kid at night often wakes up and is capricious, all he needs from his mother now is patience and love.
- The kid refuses food. The child pulls everything into his mouth and gives the impression that he wants to eat, but as soon as he starts to suck, the discomfort becomes stronger and the baby refuses the bottle or breast.
- Violation of the stool. When teeth are chapped, many parents mark a child with a loose stool, such a symptom appears from the excess of saliva that the baby swallows. In this situation, the main thing is to exclude the possibility of food poisoning.
When they begin to eruptThe period when the teeth begin to be cut, in all children is individual.
This is influenced by such factors:
- proper nutrition;
- the level of calcium in the body;
- climatic conditions (in the hot climate the teeth erupt earlier);
- from the floor (in boys the teeth are cut later).
Each kid is individual, and the first can begin to cut other teeth, this is not pathology. A feature of the body.By 1 year the child will have 4 more incisors. The first molars will climb to 1.5 years. In 2 years will begin to appear canines. In the third year, the second molars begin to grow.
How can I help my baby without drugs?Teething is not just for the baby, but for the parents. To alleviate the pain when teething a child can be using distracting maneuvers.
Special teethersTo help the baby when the first teeth climb, a teetotal can, such a special toy well "scratches" the inflamed gums. Such toys are made of silicone, and inside are filled with water. Before giving the baby, they can be cooled in the freezer, the cold very well fights inflammation and itching of the gums.
Solid foodSolid fruits and vegetables will help to remove the inflammation and distract the baby, but you need to be as careful as possible, and make sure that the baby does not choke.
MassageHelp the smallest to cope with unpleasant sensations will help massage with a silicone fingertip. Massage should be done gently, without pressing, but the procedure should be on the "consent" of the baby.
In fact, lure the child can any game, the main thing is that he was curious and interesting, but if the kid was carried away - it means that everything is not so bad.
MedicinesTo help in facilitating the process of teething in newborns and older children, the pharmaceutical industry has also come. Variants mass, drugs in the form of syrup, candles, gels, etc., the main thing - before using, carefully read the instructions, and in case of the slightest doubt, it is necessary to consult with the treating pediatrician.
Any medicines should be given, starting from the symptoms. This may include local anesthetics, sedatives, antipyretic drugs, immunomodulators, etc.
Antipyretic drugsIt is best to bring down the temperature of the drug "Nurofen", it is well absorbed into the blood and quickly helps not only to reduce heat, but also anesthetize. The drug can go in the form of rectal suppositories or sweet syrup. "Nurofen" is prescribed for children from 3 months, contraindications are: hemorrhages, bronchial asthma, hemophilia, heart failure, low-weight children weighing up to 5 kilograms.
In pediatrics for the normalization of temperature, such means are also used:
- "Nyz". It is prescribed for children from 2 years. Contraindications: dermatosis, violations of the liver and kidneys, ulcerative lesions.
- "Panadol". Applied to children age from 3 months to 12 years. Contraindications: impaired renal and hepatic function, sensitivity to paracetamol.
- The "Kalpol". Age category from 3 months. up to 6 years. Contraindications: blood diseases, glucose deficiency.
- candles "Cefekon". Applied in pediatrics with 3 months. up to 12 years. Contraindications: intolerance of one of the components, the period of newborns up to 1 month.
It is important to carefully study the instructions to the drug, and only after giving the child.
AnestheticsAnesthetize inflamed gums in infants will help ointments and gels. They act quickly and well, but the effect persists for a short while.
These drugs include:
- Dentinox. Age restrictions are not established. Contraindications: sensitivity to the components of chamomile and lidocaine.
- "Калгель" It is applied from 5 month of life. Contraindications: heart, kidney, liver failure.
- "Kamistad" Children from 3 months of life. Contraindications: hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
- "Холисал" It is appointed to kids from 1 year of a life. Contraindications: intolerance to salicylates.
ImmunostimulantsAt a time when the teeth are cut, the immune system of the child weakens and she needs support to protect herself from viruses. Immunostimulating drugs will come to the rescue.
The list includes:
- Candles "Kipferon" and "Viferon". Allowed to use to treat children with 34 weeks of life. Contraindications: individual intolerance of components.
- Solutions Interferon, Aflubin. If necessary, it is assigned to children from birth. Contraindications: sensitivity to the components of the drug.
- Tablets "Anaferon" is allowed to children from 1 month, "Likopid" is prescribed from 3 years. Contraindications: chronic infections of the upper respiratory tract.
- other antiviral agents.
Homeopathic remediesPhysicians often turn to homeopathy. Such means will not harm the baby, since they are made from natural components of plant origin.
- Liquid composition "Dantinorm" It is allowed to take children of all age categories, from birth. No contraindications found.
- Candles "Vibrukol" You can use it for children from the first day of life. Contraindications: individual intolerance of components.
Folk remediesFolk remedies that facilitate the process of teething in infants and older children is the best way for parents who avoid medical drugs. But in this case, you need to keep in mind that on any weed or product the baby may have an allergy.
10 most effective folk ways
Amber beadsA natural analgesic, made on the basis of the Baltic succinic acid. It has a pronounced healing and analgesic effect, plus it removes fever and chills. Such beads must be put on the body of the baby under the blouse. For the night, it is better to remove the necklace, so as not to transmit the baby's neck.
HoneyThe baby's gums can be smeared with honey bee, the main thing is that the child does not have allergies to it. One teaspoon of honey is rubbed into the gums, and the baby will soon fall asleep.
SodaNo less popular folk remedy for teething. The method of preparation is: for a glass of water, dilute 1 tsp. soda, get a piece of sterile bandage into the solution and lubricate the gums.
ChamomileThis therapeutic flower can be used in several ways: tea from chamomile will relieve pain, a compress attached to the cheek, relieve tension, chamomile oil will relieve of acute pain (oil rubbed on the cheek at the site where the tooth is cut).
CarnationCarnation oil will remove the inflammatory process. It is bred in equal proportions with almond and olive oil and rubbed gum. Breeding is mandatory, since pure clove oil can burn the baby's gum.
ValerianThe infusion of valerian soothes and removes irritation, it is rubbed into the diseased gums. Not every child will go for such a procedure, because the solution has a sharp odor, but a pleasant sweetish taste.
Correct sleepWhen the teeth of the baby are cut, you should put it to sleep on a small pillow, so the blood flow to the gums will be less, and at night the pain will not bother.
Care of the first teethMyth that the first children's teeth are not needed for nursing, firmly rooted in the minds of some moms and dads. But such negligence can lead to a lot of problems with the teeth in the near future.
The very first tooth, which appears in 6-8 months, is cleaned daily with a special silicone brush-fingertip. An alternative can be a bandage soaked in a soda solution (1 tbsp water, 1 tsp soda).
In growing teeth, the enamel is very fragile, so care is simply necessary.Particular attention in this matter should be given to children on artificial feeding, they should carry out the procedure every time after eating. Toddlers on breastfeeding to clean teeth in the morning and before a night sleep.
It is not recommended to use toothpastes until two years of age, even modern toothpastes for the youngest are best not to use. If it is decided to use the paste, it should not contain fluoride.